Tuesday, January 16, 2007

In absentia...me

So, not only is my "cranium" in absentia lately... I've actually been "in absentia."
Yeah, I know it's only the beginning of the damn term and I've already skipped town...oh that bodes well!! I've got whatever you call 'senior-itis' but for grad studentes who are tired of sitting in classrooms and want to be on doing something else...like, oh maybe, THEIR F---N DISSERTATION work???!!!!

--big sigh, bigger eye roll, seriously melodramatic stance--

Like I believe Elle said a few weeks ago, I've just to get over my damn self now don't I?! Seriously, all I seem to do in this little piece of the blogosphere is whine. Ok, I occasionally post links to items of interest that I've read and have no hope of remembering[ooohh....like this one...how did I miss "national religious freedom day" and how do I celebrate it??!] if I don't link them somewhere, and even then my memory is suspect...but really, all the 'personal' posts seem to have this whingy, pity-me, acid dripping cynical tone. Gawd...is that all that these years of grad school have reduced me to...and me with years of hard-core Diss. work yet to go???!! Oh man...

Hell, I think the first post of this year was even something along the lines of a resolution to QUIT doing that...and I seem to have a really lousy start on that 'resolution'.

Ok...now how on earth did I get from writing about not writing (huh?!) to my whiney ass-self? I swear sometimes I need to get checked for that adult ADD or something.[oooo...pretty shiny blog things...oooo... gotta remember to read this one more, not like I need more books, but still..] Add on top of that the fact that I seem to rival a goldfish for short term memory and it's just a bundle of fun getting older folks! sigh...

Hmmm.. here's another interesting blog post about digital media and research on digi media...didn't I post about this a short while ago, or did I just imagine that I read something, linked to it, and wrote a post about it???

Alright, I think I was going to write about how I've been on the road...again...and that's why no postings for days. Not that I didn't have my laptop...I do. Not that I don't have internet...I do...wireless even. Not that I haven't been checking email and working on the computer...I have. I just have let time get away from me while I'm away on personal business. The computer time i have carved out has been mostly spent on the important, and necessary, bits of school related work that just HAD to be done on a certain time frame, and other than that, little else Net related.
And I haven't even done more of the school related stuff I should be. I had this meeting on Friday before leaving town where I kinda sorta publicly stated I was going to try to submit a proposal, based on my Diss. topic, to a doctoral student consortium at a major conference in Far Away City, this summer.
ummmmm....deadline is this coming Monday. WHAT THE F--K was I thinking??????!!!! Oh holy hell....

something tells me the plane ride home to a wintry, cold, wet, miserable home in the Burbs ain't gonna be nearly as productive as I imagined it might be. oh crud....

No comments: