Thursday, November 16, 2006

HA! So there...

I do NOT have an accent, and according to this, not the one I have sometimes been accused of having, and which I swear I don't.
See, that makes no sense in an online world without audio, and with a blogger trying to stay anonymous! But trust me when I say that when people ask me where I'm "from" (and that's a loaded question with no easy answer) and if I give them my birthplace, they then go "oh, of course, I thought you had a southern accent".
Well...dammit...I don't! And I've never lived anywhere where strong southern accents are the norm.
Hmmmph. Take the quiz yourself.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland
North Central
The South
The Inland North
Boston
The Northeast
Philadelphia
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

No comments: