Friday, August 18, 2006

Goal Setting - Time Management

AKA "getting your shit together part 2"

Goal Setting - Goals - Planning - Achievement - Graduate Students -Graduate School Admissions and Survival - Graduate Life

In case I didn't know why I keep procrastinating... (but I largely do)


Procrastination Research from Carelton

It's all about balance. Help from UCSD.

And about being a "good student" ...whatever that means!
More links on balance, getting through, 'being good'.
Mind Tools, time management
U Minnesota time management

Ah yes, and some tips on making CVs. Where was this a few weeks ago when I needed it?

And more things to distract me, all in the name of keeping my spirits up.
The Professor Translator
Grad School vs. Hell--what's the difference?!
The "real" meaning of PhD


this almost makes up for the lovely little post I was writing, getting stuff outta my system last week when "poof!" I hit some damn key on my laptop and all the text mysteriously disappears. (No, numnutz, I did not hit the damn delete key! sheesh)
And maybe instead of just writing about being upset, or off kilter, or whatever, i've taken a few first steps towards working on my, ummm, "issues".

So thanks Astro. I know I needed the kick in the ass, and maybe it will get me moving. (although I think really, the motivation for that has to come from ME...no one else really. but that's another post) And at the least introspection is always good, right? yah, sure.

No comments: