Thursday, December 21, 2006

A torch passes - Tech_Space - USATODAY.com

A torch passes - Tech_Space - USATODAY.com: "The Creative Commons movement is lawyered up. Creative works with a CC license are genuinely part of the promise of user-generated content, because CC-specifying copyright owners have taken care to say exactly how their works can and cannot be remixed, reused and reproduced.
That, to me, is a strong and healthy foundation for Web 2.0, or user-generated content, or what you will."


Linked to this post from Lessig himself (the guru and founder of the Creative Commons org). Article on 'torch passing' is about new chair of CC, and a bit of comparison between hype given to MySpace and YouTube (and their inherent difficulties with respect toward intellectual property) and the soundness of Creative Commons.

Which reminds me...I really need to look into adding a CC designation for my own darn blog here. Put my money where my mouth is...metaphorically and literally I guess.

No comments: