Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Being an Atheist in America Isn't Easy - Newsweek Society - MSNBC.com

I find myself "off-topic" quite a bit in my postings. So maybe I need to revise my personal goals and objectives for this blog, or just give myself continued permission to write about whatever the hell interests me, riles me, moves me or confuses me.

It's not really like I'm writing for an audience afterall, as I'm fairly certain I'm the only one reading this! But in case not, and someone out in the Internet Ether was expecting more on grad school life-- 'sorry'...I've ventured away again.

I'll recap school in another post. In the meantime, something that strikes me, and should rattle a great many cages and upset readers. Good. Get out of your personal bubble, be willing to entertain new ideas, be ready to be challenged, and be ready to change your mind and not just blindly follow along. So click the link to the Newseek story and read...

Being an Atheist in America Isn't Easy - Newsweek Society - MSNBC.com

Brilliant, well-written commentary. Discusses Sam Harris's book "The End of Faith", a book that should be read by many, (but likely won't be because it challenges the 'status quo' and the very notions that are the heart of many people's personal beliefs. All the more reason to read it--we should challenge ourselves more often.)

No comments: