Monday, October 30, 2006

How Many of Me - Front Page

How Many of Me - Front Page

Saw this on one of the few blogs I read that isn't hosted by an anonymous blogger. She was complaining about the 30 or so others sharing her name, granted a somewhat more unique name than my own, but still...try having more than 600 some odd people with your same combination of first and last names! And yes, I admit to occaisionally going ego-surfing and Googling myself...hell, in this day and age it's only prudent to do so. Any job interviewer or such would do the same.
And the problem naturally comes in that there are so many others with "my" name...and so many of them are all online it seems. How would any potential future employer, or other important person, know which one is the "real" me??
Will any such searchers really remember to use my middle initial? Will they even know what that is? What does this all mean in terms of 'identity'?

And exactly how do they come up with the data for this little online toy?

Interesting questions from a random tangent and time-kill.

No comments: